Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm Tired and Bored

For real. I've been dealing with people all day that have reminded me that "common sense" is none too common. And it's exhausting.


I just wish I was at home priming my bathroom walls. It's all I really want to do. Is that so much to ask?

I'll be sure to post pictures when the bathroom is complete, but it'll be a pretty long time before that happens. We're just trying to get it to "semi-complete" status before McStudly's grandparents get here in a few weeks. So far so good.

We've accomplished the following since Saturday:
- remove all wallpaper
- remove almost all remaining wallpaper adhesive (thanks to the tip to try using fabric softener diluted in water - works like a charm when combined with a little elbow grease!)
- sand walls where needed
- patch/spackle nail holes and any other places as necessary
- take down ugly huge-mongous mirror
- remove medicine cabinet
- take out ugly bathroom light that's been with the house probably since it was built (ick!)



What's left to do before his grandparents get here? Well, let's see:
- prime
- paint
- hang pretty new light
- replace old mirror with new one
- replace medicine cabinet
- purchase and set up shelving
- temporarily take out toilet and replace wax ring
- remove all wallpaper and adhesive from behind the toilet, prime, and paint
- put toilet back and set in place with new bolts and bolt covers (my dog tried to eat the old ones)
- buy new bathroom rugs
- buy a few candles, etc, to put on shelves

- buy and hang a hand towel holder
- buy and hang a toilet paper holder
- buy and hang a "regular" towel holder


And what else we'll do in the long run:
- re-tile the bathroom floor and replace quarter-rounding
- eventually (probably) re-tile the shower walls
- replace vanity with a darker wood colored double-vanity (which will require plumbing changes, etc, to include a new second sink and new faucets, etc)
- possibly replace bathtub with a nice new soaking tub
- replace all molding around doors and floors


I think that's it for the bathroom. We've got a long way to go, but not too much work to do before it's at least looking at lot better than it was. I'll post before and after pictures when we get to the "okay" point, and then pictures when it's completed later down the road when it's... well... completed. Ha!



Anywho, I should probably go find something else to do... something OTHER than blogging since I've been randomly doing so more than I should've already today. What about you - any remodelling plans or ideas coming up?

8 comments:

April E. :) said...

Uhm...yes...lots. too much.

Lindsay Gray said...

I wish, but we rent. Right now I have to make myself content with art and pictures on the walls.

Oh and yes...yes she really did end the message like that. Only it didn't say "love" it had a little heart thingy that I don't know how to do. Ridiculous. Girl is straight up crazy.

The Mrs. said...

well we rent so we wont be remodeling, but we have great landlords who have told us we can do whatever we want (Heck knock out a wall if you want they said, and flyboy did get a glimmer in his eye but we wont be doing that).

Flyboy recently painted and finished some stuff in the bathroom and it looks wonderful, then there is the nursery to get started on (its a storage catch all right now) and paint the boys room. And a bunch of other rooms to paint. But I need my husband home long enough first!

jlc said...

Wow that is A LOT chica!

Lindsey said...

Busy bee!

Emily said...

wow.. you have already done a lot to your house and still have a lot to do.. i want to see before and after pics.. have you taken any.. yeah for finding my blog:) yeah for reading yours:)ill be back!

Unknown said...

Oh but it will be so worth it! We renovated our bathroom a year ago and it was hard and frustrating but so worth not having the ugly flower paneling. yea, they make paneling in flower patterns!

Courtney said...

Wow, looks like you've gotten a lot done, and have lots ahead of you! Good luck!
ps- just found your blog through Just Another Day in Paradise! :)Love it!