For real. I've been dealing with people all day that have reminded me that "common sense" is none too common. And it's exhausting.
I just wish I was at home priming my bathroom walls. It's all I really want to do. Is that so much to ask?
I'll be sure to post pictures when the bathroom is complete, but it'll be a pretty long time before that happens. We're just trying to get it to "semi-complete" status before McStudly's grandparents get here in a few weeks. So far so good.
We've accomplished the following since Saturday:
- remove all wallpaper
- remove almost all remaining wallpaper adhesive (thanks to the tip to try using fabric softener diluted in water - works like a charm when combined with a little elbow grease!)
- sand walls where needed
- patch/spackle nail holes and any other places as necessary
- take down ugly huge-mongous mirror
- remove medicine cabinet
- take out ugly bathroom light that's been with the house probably since it was built (ick!)
What's left to do before his grandparents get here? Well, let's see:
- hang pretty new light
- replace old mirror with new one
- replace medicine cabinet
- purchase and set up shelving
- temporarily take out toilet and replace wax ring
- remove all wallpaper and adhesive from behind the toilet, prime, and paint
- put toilet back and set in place with new bolts and bolt covers (my dog tried to eat the old ones)
- buy new bathroom rugs
- buy a few candles, etc, to put on shelves
And what else we'll do in the long run:
- re-tile the bathroom floor and replace quarter-rounding
- eventually (probably) re-tile the shower walls
- replace vanity with a darker wood colored double-vanity (which will require plumbing changes, etc, to include a new second sink and new faucets, etc)
- possibly replace bathtub with a nice new soaking tub
- replace all molding around doors and floors
I think that's it for the bathroom. We've got a long way to go, but not too much work to do before it's at least looking at lot better than it was. I'll post before and after pictures when we get to the "okay" point, and then pictures when it's completed later down the road when it's... well... completed. Ha!
Anywho, I should probably go find something else to do... something OTHER than blogging since I've been randomly doing so more than I should've already today. What about you - any remodelling plans or ideas coming up?