Tuesday, December 16, 2008

She's Here!!

Well, not here here... but it finally happened - We've finally been assigned our little girl through Compassion International.

This is Nester. She's from Tanzania. She's only 6 years old (yesterday, actually - that was her birthday). Also, one of her listed favorite hobbies is Singing. I guess we already have something in common!

Isn't she sweet?! I can't wait to start writing her and sending her pictures and cards. I'm told that they really treasure the pictures from their sponsors.
Apparently, living in poverty sends a message that "no one cares", and this is a message that I intend to put an end to, at least in the heart of Nester and maybe even her parents.
Well, I'm still reading up on what's going on in Tanzania, but I already know that average income for a family is around $8 a month. And it is a country in Africa that is heavily effected by AIDS and HIV.
Please pray for Nester and her family. I could definitely use some help with that. You an never pray too much for someone, right?!
And just for your reading pleasure, go here to learn some of the differences between Tanzania and the US. It's definitely an interesting read.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll let you know, occasionally, how she's doing. Also, feel free to let me know any questions you may.






Toodles!

3 comments:

Heather B. said...

That's a great idea for a Christmas gift!
What a lucky little girl to have someone like you.
God bless

April E. :) said...

How fun!! I would love to do that one day!!

Lindsay Gray said...

What a wonderfully giving thing you guys are doing.

She is adorable!